Thursday, November 29, 2007

Give Life

So this may sound a bit strange but i want to ask you guys and gals think about your Christmas. We are doing and AWESOME thing by giving one dollar a week to go towards Seraphin. That has been incredible. I am very proud of all of you that have given! I want to push you a bit on what you give and what you get this Christmas. Watch this video. Click here.
Water stats:
1.1 Billion People lack access to clean water.
2.6 billion People without basic sanitation.
1 child dies every 15 seconds
14,000 children die every day from PREVENTABLE water-related diseases.

What do you think about this? could we play a small part this Christmas? maybe this means we ask one family member to give us $ so that we can help or maybe this means we spend 1 dollar less on every gift we give and put that dollar towards giving life.
Maybe you are reading this and your saying "Aaron I already give $4 a month, leave me alone!" my response is OK. But if you are reading this and watched the video and want to join with me and give life, here is what I am doing:
I have asked one friend to instead of giving me a gift for Christmas, I have asked them to give to the to Living Water International.

This is not an attempt to make you feel guilty, just a challenge/plea for you to replace consumption with compassion.

Let me know if you have any questions.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow. i really want to do that.

Aaron said...

rock on! that makes 2 of us. anyone else?

socer3902 said...

I am going to do this too!! this is a great thing to do! Sorry Aaron, but i'm not going to be able to come to the girls and guys night. . . but i will have fun at my karaoke party i'm going to... see youi guys Wednesday!!!

Aaron said...

no problem on not coming you will be missed. but i am glad you are in with living water.